Solid like-for-like performance
The key figures
- Operating EBIT margin up 1.1 points to 28.3%
- EBIT at an all-time high of €370 million despite a €32 million negative currency effect
- Net profit, Group share up 1.9% to €180 million
- Recommended dividend of €0.62 per share, representing a payout ratio of 80%
- Net debt reduced by €49 million to €588 million
Significant achievements paving the way for success with the Fast Forward strategic plan:
- A good performance in the Employee Benefits business, with an 8.5% rise in issue volume (like-for-like) driven by commercial success, innovative initiatives in mobile payment solutions and new value-added services.
- A sharp rise in Expense Management as a percentage of Edenred's total business, accounting for 18% of consolidated operating revenue versus 14% in 2015. This reflects the two-fold increase in the size of the business in Brazil following the acquisition of Embratec assets, and double-digit organic growth in operating revenue (up 13% like-for-like).
- Ongoing shift to digital solutions, which accounted for 70% of total issue volume in 2016 compared to 65% in 2015.
Download the full press release here