Where can you use Edenred Childcare Vouchers?

Edenred Childcare Vouchers are not just for babies - they can be used to pay for the care of children up to the age of 15, or 16 if they are registered disabled. You can also use your Childcare Vouchers to pay for the care of more than one child as long as you have parental responsibility.

Flexible to suit your needs

Childcare Vouchers can be used to pay for a wide range of childcare including:

  • Home based care such as childminders, nannies and au pairs
  • Pre-school care such as nursery schools, play schools and crèches
  • Care for older children such as out of school clubs (breakfast clubs, afterschool clubs) and holiday clubs

Your Childcare Vouchers can be used to pay more than one childcare provider if you wish. The only condition is that they will need to be registered with or approved by an appropriate body (such as Ofsted) and be affiliated to the Edenred  network.

The current registration and approval bodies include:

  • Ofsted Childcare Register – Compulsory (England)
  • Ofsted Childcare Register – Voluntary (England)
  • Local Health and Social Services Trusts (Northern Ireland)
  • The Care Commission (Scotland)
  • Childcare Approval Scheme (Wales)
  • The Care and Social Services Inspectorate Wales

Edenred provide a childcare advice line to all parents receiving Childcare Vouchers which can help find childcare in your area.  Please see your parent welcome email for more information.

Simple for you and your childcare provider

It is likely that your chosen childcare provider has been paid previously with Edenred Childcare Vouchers and is therefore already affiliated to the network. Simply ask them for their Edenred Account Number, which will begin with a ‘P’ and which you will need in order to request electronic payments.

Childcare provider affiliation

If your childcare provider has not been paid with Edenred Childcare Vouchers before, they can complete an application form online.  

If your childcare provider does not have internet access, simply print a guide and an application form for them.

You have the freedom to change your childcare arrangements whilst you are in the scheme as long your chosen childcare provider is registered or approved, and also affiliated with Edenred (i.e. they already have an Edenred Account Number). Any new or additional childcare providers you choose to use who are not already affiliated with Edenred simply need to complete an application form.

Find out more

How do Edenred Childcare Vouchers work?